The process for successfully integrating behavioral health into medicine is complex. Simply co-locating mental health professionals into medical settings will only increase total costs. An integrated behavioral health consultant does more than help the medical team diagnose, triage and treat mental disorders; the BHC also helps identify and address the behavioral health drivers of medical visits - treatment nonadherence, lifestyle problems and stress.
In order to achieve the desired efficiencies and medical cost offsets, OneCare Health Solutions partners with clients through a process involving:
- Environmental Scan - readiness assessments, project targets, common barriers, incentive planning, provider network
- Design - after we understand your unique environment and needs, a step by step program is developed
- Implementation - selecting clinicians, specialty training, work flow, physician leveraging, care coordination
- Program Management - manage and supervise integrated care clinicians using OneCare protocols
- Program Support - primary care toolboxes, medical literacy toolkits, evidence based step care, e-health based tools
- Quality Measurement - medical cost offset analysis, patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, functional improvement, physician satisfaction, physician leveraging results
We are the only organization to publish peer reviewed studies demonstrating medical cost offsets of 40% for high utilizers of medical services and 21% for the general primary care patient population through the proper design, deployment and management of behavioral health professionals. These documented savings come even after accounting for the costs of our services.